Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thursday Highs & Lows



A blurry picture of cats. 

Highs:

- We upped our cable so that now we can receive so many more channels plus BASEBALL. We pay more, but I am much happier with our service and I don't feel like I'm being cheated out of money for literally 3 channels that I watch.

- My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are moving into their new house next week.  OH and it is a block down the road from us! I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU. My sister-in-law and I are constantly texting about drinking lemonade and gardening and walking the dog and going out and visiting and eating dinner together and basically doing everything we can do because we live 2 seconds from each other now!

- I'm going to the salon to get my hair cut tonight and it has been a long time coming. My hair has gotten so long and ratty and I can't do anything with it. Not that I do anything anyway, but maybe now I will? Hint: Probs not.

- I'm really trying to get back on track with my weight loss.  I have exactly 23 days to lose 6 pounds.  I've lost 10 so far and really kept it off, so I feel confident I can do this. 

Lows:

- Being woken up with pain at 5:30am. Oh, and not being able to fall back asleep.

- The Baltimore riots.  It is sad and heartbreaking and devastating and uplifting at times and then I have these weird dreams about riots and blood and I can't sleep. It's affecting me in a way I didn't know I could be affected. So I pray.

- My iPhone 5 battery is going kaput. I've been using it for 2 hours now and I'm at 86%.  Yesterday when I left work, I was at something like 31%.  I don't expect it to last 2 days, but I do expect it to last at least 8 hours.

- So yesterday afternoon the Orioles played the White Sox in an empty stadium.  We signed up (and paid a hefty price tag) for MLB TV, so of course, I logged on to watch it. But then I get this message that we are blacked out. WHAT?! Apparently MLB TV does not have the rights to play the games for people who live in an area where the home team is. Which means I can never watch Orioles or Nationals games live. And I can't watch ANY postseason games live, no matter what team or where I live. Isn't that some BS? Why would anyone want this? Boggles my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment