Thursday, April 16, 2015

Cherry Blossoms//DC

A couple weeks ago my brother and I decided to plan a trip down to DC to see the cherry blossoms. We had always talked about going while they were blooming but never got around to it. So we all took the day off and I put it out of my mind for a little while. Then last week, as I was checking the weather, I saw that Tuesday was supposed to be cloudy, rainy, and cold.  We briefly discussed cancelling, but I held out hope, and we went anyway.

We ate lunch at Taylor Gourmet. It was DELICIOUS. Seriously, if you're ever in the DMV area (DC/Maryland/Virginia), eat here for lunch. They had super quick service, a funky interior, and everyone agreed their sandwiches were delicious. Plus, they were giving these Spindrift sodas away for free that day!

Jackson sandwich on wheat.

After lunch, decked with rain coats and umbrellas, we walked to the Tidal Basin, past the national mall and to the Jefferson Memorial. I got some good pictures, but I definitely wore the wrong shoes. They ended up getting soaked, dirty, and gave me a blister.  Not fun.




I'm artsy you guys.

Washington Monument
Jefferson Memorial

Then we went to the American History museum. We didn't have a lot of time in there, but I swear, I could stay all day. We saw Julia Child's replica kitchen and Judy Garland's ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz.


And Jesse fake punched a mannequin's back.

If you are ever in DC, definitely hit up the touristy spots. I know it's cliche, and there are probably a ton of trendy/cool/informative places. But it is worth a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment