Friday, April 3, 2015

Waves


My husband's father owns a 6 bedroom beach house in Waves, NC on the Outer Banks. And it is the most peaceful, beautiful place. 

Every summer we go down to visit the beach with whomever in the family can come. Usually it's a couple of brothers, maybe some friends, and his dad and step mom.  Unfortunately, this will probably be the last year we go. (Insert super sad emoticon)

His dad has decided to put the house on the market and possibly purchase a house in DCL. While I LOVE DCL, I don't think I would trade it for the Outer Banks. There is something so peaceful and hushed about the outer banks that makes you feel like you're in a different world. We are leaving in a couple months to go and every year, we just have the best time. It's filled with tons of laughter, food, drinks, and beach time.

The place is an oasis. Away from every single problem you can imagine. Where I can literally read 3 books in one week because I feel so calm. 



The beaches are gorgeous, with dunes marking the tops.


The water can be a little cold, but nothing ever deters the boys.
The sunsets, good gracious.
Sun burnt and happy.
Lighthouse

Every year I come back feeling so refreshed. And yes, there can be hectic times, arguments among the siblings, but everyone just drinks another beer and gets over it. 

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment