Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekending//Manic Mondays

Good morning!

It is an absolutely beautiful morning where I live. I haven't been able to fully enjoy it until right this second though because I woke up extremely late, threw my hair in a pony tail, raced out the door only to sit in traffic for 20 minutes, arrive at work 15 minutes late and have my first sip of coffee at 10:15 AM. It's been a quintessential manic Monday.

Good news though! I have off tomorrow to explore DC with Jesse, my brother and his fiance. We're going to look at the cherry blossoms and have a lovely lunch. I'm very excited!

Our weekend was quiet in some respects and loud in others.

Friday night we went for our usual walk and had a healthy dinner of salad with grilled chicken and mushrooms. Then we wrecked it all for Bruster's ice cream. Have you ever been there? Everything is so delicious. I opted not to get the waffle cone as I didn't want to eat too much, but I won't lie. I got two scoops. One of chocolate chip cookie dough and one of honey graham. They are so yummy. Plus we always have coupons and they honor military discounts. It was a nice night to sit on the bed of Jesse's truck and eat our ice cream and swing our feet. Then we went home and watched Back to the Future part 1. A classic.

Saturday morning we woke up a little late. 9:15 is late for an old woman like me. We did some chores around the house and I tackled my closet. It was getting a tad out of control. I will be giving away a ton of old sweaters/shirts I never wear anymore and at least 3 pairs of pants that either don't fit, or I just don't wear. I also got rid of about 10 pairs of shoes. I bought some wedges about 4 years ago and I wore the heck out of them. They have holes where my pinky toes poke through. So those got the boot. As did a pair of boots I think I've worn 5 times in the 5 years I've had them. It's sad when I think about the money I spent on clothes that weren't perfect for me, but that I had to have when I was young. I was going through it and Jesse kept walking into the room and saying, "this is a mess!" at all the clothes I had lying everywhere. And I kept thinking, oh my gosh. Do I seriously have this many clothes?! So many clothes. So many you guys. I've forbid myself from buying anything else without making use of the clothes I already own.
I had so many clothes crammed in to this small space. And the top shelf? Don't even get me started.
See those yellow bins? FULL OF SHOES.

And then what did I do this morning? I looked at Loft.com and put things in my cart before I actually realized what the hell I was doing.  Don't worry, nothing was purchased. Yet.

Saturday afternoon we helped some friends of ours move into their first apartment. Then we went out for dinner and drinks just us and ran into Jesse's brother and his wife who invited us back to their house for wine (for me) and whiskey (for Jesse). We ended up staying until 2:30 and had a dance party. I haven't seen 3 AM in years.

Sunday was pretty chill. We slept until 10ish and Jesse went over to his Dad's to work on his truck while I stayed back and cleaned the house. I toured Jesse's other brother's new house (less than a quarter mile from ours!) and we went to Moe's for dinner.

Beautiful weather, beautiful weekend. All in all, this was the weekend I needed to recharge. I feel like we've been going, going, going for so long. I needed a weekend to just cool down. I think maybe next weekend, I'll focus on sleep?


No comments:

Post a Comment