Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

The weekend has sadly come and gone :(

Though it wasn't the greatest one (not by a LONG shot) it was still the weekend, so I'm not complaining.

Friday night Jesse and I had plans to do a little shopping at Target and the mall when his truck DIED pulling into the WalMart parking lot.  We were actually on our way to Kohl's I think, when his radio shut off, then the whole truck just died because people were driving too slowly pulling into the parking lot of WalMart.  Two very kind men helped Jesse push the truck into a parking space while I used all my muscle strength (which is basically none) to steer the darn thing because the power steering had gone out.  At first we thought it was the battery, but no, according to AAA, we had a bad alternator.  Lots of anger and a tow truck later, we were out a considerable amount for a new alternator to a truck we just purchased a month ago.  Word to the wise - do not purchase a vehicle without at least a hint of a warranty.  It'll come back to bite ya.


Saturday morning was a lazy one, which was nice after the previous night's ordeal.  We cleaned up a bit, lounged around, picked up the truck, and resumed our shopping trip.  Jesse and I got a fair amount of things, but decided we had better not buy up the whole store (as was our original intention) due to the fact that we were out so much money.

Sunday we went to church, had lunch with my parents, brother, and Stef, and then headed over to Jesse's brother's place in Laurel.  We ate pizza, cookie dough, and drank gingerale.  Let's just say my body is still not forgiving myself.  I don't eat the greatest, but I definitely don't always eat as poorly as I did during this past weekend.

Monday was the game!  The O's lost, but we still had a great time, despite the intense heat and humidity.  Why is summer coming back? It's soooo over.




I'm excited for September.  Our 2 year wedding anniversary and Jesse's 25th birthday.  Jesse's grandfather's 90th birthday party, the MD wine festival, a surprise anniversary trip to see Dirty Dancing on Broadway!!

September is always a good month with lots of celebrating.  But then comes October, and as my brother stated on Sunday at lunch, "October 1 through December 31 is the best time of year".  I wholeheartedly agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment