Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Keep the Faith

Yesterday, I was driving through the construction yard where I work to feed the stray kittens that have taken up residence in our scrap pile.  When I turned on my car, the song "Keeping the Faith" by Billy Joel started playing.  I drive with my iPod plugged into the stereo.

From the 5,000+ songs, this song came on first.  

As I got in my car to go home that afternoon, the shuffle restarted itself. I skipped around a few songs and guess what came on again? Keeping the Faith. Now, this song is basically about a boy growing up and how he's looking back at his past now that he is fully grown.  This doesn't super relate to me, but it is a song I enjoy. And that title.

This morning, I check my Instagram. And this:



2 Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."


This speaks volumes to me right now.  I'm not too into reading signs, but keeping the faith is so hard for me some days.  Most of the time, I can't understand why I have to follow God's plan.  Why don't things work out the way I want all the time?  Why can't I have what I truly know that I want?  

Keep the faith.
Keep the faith.
Keep the faith.

Keep the faith that I will become a mother one day. Whether naturally or through this IUI or adoption or surrogacy or IVF.  Keep the faith that God's plan is the best for me.  Keep the faith that he will protect my heart.  Keep the faith that he will teach me the strength to get through everything in this life.

One day, I will say, I kept the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment