Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy Anni-Vada-Versary!

Yesterday was our 2 year wedding anniversary.  Jesse surprised me with tickets to see Dirty Dancing at the National Theater in DC.

Two things about me -
1. I love love love musicals.
2. I love love love Dirty Dancing.

So when he told me last weekend this is what we would be doing for our anniversary, I was super excited!



First we decided to go down and have dinner at the Occidental Grill in the Willard Hotel.  It was a beautiful evening and we splurged a tad on dinner, but everything was delicious!






I ordered the rack of lamb and Jesse had prosciutto wrapped monk fish.  We also got the lobster mashed potatoes to split.  Yummmm.

Because we had tickets to the theater, they brought us free drinks!  I had the "Thyme of Your Life" cocktail and Jesse had a glass of prosecco. Both were delicious, but I enjoyed mine a little better.   I am a fan of wine, but not super dry wines, and this prosecco was just that.  Jesse enjoys a good dry wine though, so it was perfect for him!

After dinner we wandered around the hotel a bit, the decor was gorgeous and old and lavish.  I thought briefly about renting a hotel for our night out, but we have had a couple of large expenses lately so we really couldn't afford it. Next anniversary though, we are definitely staying in a very nice hotel!

Then we walked to the theatre which was a block from the restaurant.  I thought the musical was very good.  There were a couple parts that weren't in the movie, and everyone was a fantastic dancer.  It was also just nice to see live theatre again, I haven't seen a musical in a couple of years and this has really sparked my interest again.






After the show, we went home, and I didn't have to go into work until late this morning.  This was definitely different than last year's anniversary, we went apple picking at an apple orchard festival and went to the Antrim 1844 for dinner (which is where we got married).  Both occasions were great, and I'm looking forward to the next anniversary!

Also - a note about Jesse - he's the greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment