Friday, August 29, 2014

High Five for Friday

I have read many, many blogs in my life and both TheSmallThings blog and TheLaurenElizabeth do a High Five for Friday.  Now, I'm not assuming I'll link to either blogs, both are fantastic, but I still thought this might be a fun thing to do.  Here goes!


(1) I came back from the beach on Saturday (for which there will be a post about soon), hung out all Sunday at home, then promptly took Monday off due to a migraine.  Though I did not plan this, it was almost nice having a 5 day weekend.

(2) The Orioles!  I am going to an Orioles game on Monday with Jesse, my brother Jason, and his girlfriend Stef.  I am SO excited, I haven't seen a game all year, either on TV or in person.  Jesse and I refuse to pay a lot of money for cable, therefore baseball games don't make the cut in our 40-channel lineup.  My dad and I are Red Sox fans, while my mom and brother are Orioles fans.  The sounds of a baseball announcer are very soothing to me, as it is ALL we watched during the summer months while I was growing up.

(3) Beyonce.  Queen Bey.  Her VMA performance, and the hug and kiss from Jay-Z and her daughter, Blue, afterward, were amazing.  Also, I've recently downloaded her latest CD and can't stop listening to it in the car. Particular favorites include (but are not limited to): Blow, Partition, XO, Haunted. 

(4) Labor Day!  We have no plans (except for the game) and I'm thoroughly looking forward to hanging out, cleaning the house, and basically just relaxing. Maybe we will squeeze in a little shopping.  Target is having a Labor Day sale and I convinced Jesse I need a new fall purse.  Plus having Monday off isn't bad.

(5) We slept last night with the windows open in the house.  It was glorious.  The low was 54, but with both fans on, it felt positively autumn-like.  I am enjoying this relatively mild and cool summer.  I am a fall and winter girl all the way.

One low for this week?  Please don't let me walk out of the house in any article of white clothing.



No comments:

Post a Comment