Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Motivation




Or really, lack thereof.  

There is something about this time of year, with this 80 degree weather, with the kids finishing up school, and the sun setting around 8:30 at night.

All of this, plus much more, makes me want to kick back with a glass of cold sangria and just hang.

I want to wake up slow, enjoying the daylight as it streams in through my blinds, go for a walk and hear the birds and see the lush green that is happening everywhere. 

I want to eat all the cold, juicy fruits and vegetables I can get my hands on.

I want to lie in the sun and let it warm my skin.

Unfortunately, all of this doesn't leave a lot of time for work. House work, actual work. Whatever that needs to be done, I don't actually want to do.

Not that I really ever want to do it, but this time of year makes me REALLY not want to do it.

There are some changes coming in the next few weeks with my current job, and that coupled with the fact that in less than two weeks we will be at the beach, means I have no motivation to do anything but enjoy life and focus on lounging on the beach and eating all the buffalo chicken dip my sister-in-law can make.

IN OTHER NEWS, I am down 13 pounds from where I started on March 17.  Definitely not where I want to end up officially, but still. This is the skinniest I have been in years. 

Of course my Timehop app decided to show me in a prom dress from 8 years ago today and it has plunged me into a deep depression. I can never again be the giddy 18 year old who can eat whatever she wants and still look bangin' in a prom dress.

But never fear, because my 26 year old self can drink sangria and stay up as late as she wants to, darn it.

Man, this post was all over the place. Talk about a mind that is far, far away from this computer, and sitting on the beach listening to the waves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment