Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Giving it up to God

via

Yesterday I was waiting on an email. And I felt ANXIOUS.

You know that kind of anxious where every 5 seconds you are obsessively checking your email or your phone and nothing is coming in and then you start to doubt and everything gets a little bit bad for awhile?

Well that was me yesterday.  I left work and went to the grocery store, with my phone in my hand the whole time. As I was walking through I thought, what am I doing?  

Some days it is so hard for me to trust in the Lord.  I constantly am thinking that I can do a better job at planning out this life. As if it is all up to me and what I decide.  But it isn't and I'll be honest, I have to get used to that.

I need to start praying.  When I feel worrisome, or troubled, or even sad or happy, I need to focus on the Lord and just pray. Pray for thankfulness, for my worries, for my sadness, and lift it all up to Him. 

So I stopped in the grocery store and I just shot up a quick prayer. I stopped checking my phone and put it in my purse. I got home, put the groceries away and started on dinner. And then? The person I was waiting on, actually called me instead. 

Lift it up to the Lord. Give it up to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment