Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tough Week #26

how far along: 26 Weeks, 3 Days

size of the baby: a butternut squash, or as Ross would say, a "squatternutbash". Friends. Duh.
baby is: opening her eyes and responding to light. I feel her move much more after I eat or if I'm laying on my back or sides.
movement: sometimes I think she pushes with her foot or elbow or hand and I get this weird tightening feeling. maybe she's stretching?
gender: i'm not sure if this topic is even necessary anymore. we know it's a girl. i will say that we've acquired a lot of baby things recently and i've about finished my registry!
total weight gain: still teetering around the 13-15 pound mark. i have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so we will see what they say about my weight gain.

symptoms: oof. this week was a toughie.  headaches, overall feeling icky. i think the weather and my dehydration has everything to do with the headaches. last night i felt the worst i've felt in a long time. i think i had too much sodium during the day and it took its toll last night. i felt swollen and bloated and just overall awful. plus now i'm dealing with insatiable hunger that causes me to throw up if i don't eat fast enough.

stretch marks: none on my belly. using the cream once a day.
maternity clothes: of course. i've got a freaking bowling ball hanging off me.

sleep: alright i guess. nothing like it used to be a couple weeks ago. my belly is getting bigger so it's harder to find a comfortable spot. plus i've got tailbone pain so that kicks in when i want to roll over or get out of bed to pee.

missing: alcohol. i won't lie. i want a margarita.
cravings/aversions: anything fresh. i'm drinking fruit smoothies every morning and they are so delicious. today's combo was pineapple and orange. yummm.

cries: almost cried last night because i felt awful. and i cry whenever i throw up because the tears just come out. did that twice this weekend.
Jesse is: actually being super sweet. he's concerned when i don't feel good and last night we were falling asleep and i asked him to get me some tums and he actually got out of bed and got them. he grumbled along the way, but he did it.
best moments: today i'm wearing yoga pants to work. and i don't even care.

not so best moment: just feeling big. i know i'll get so much bigger and that scares me.

looking forward to: tomorrow's glucose test. i want everything to come out good!

No comments:

Post a Comment