Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Bumpdate #27

how far along: 27 Weeks, 3 Days

size of the baby: a bunch of bananas. Baby is 2.5 pounds now!

baby is: packing on fat which will help her to look gorgeous and chunky when she pops out.

movement: definitely at night all the time. I feel her constantly, a little foot or hand pushing at me. and at night she really moves around as I'm trying to fall asleep.

gender: baby is a girl.

total weight gain: i believe i'm up 20 pounds from my first trimester weight where i lost 4-5 pounds. so about 15 pounds from pre-pregnancy. i'm all belly though, i don't feel very fat in other places.

symptoms: just heartburn really. i'm eating better this week, keeping on my smoothie kick and making sure i'm only drinking 1 cup of half-calf a day. i realized i had switched to full caffeine for a little while because that's all the coffee we had, and it messed me up bad.

stretch marks: still none.

maternity clothes: yes. the weather is still a little chilly so i've been able to wear my maternity pants more often than dresses. so glad i purchased them. 

sleep: ehh. my back hurts when i wake up and my sciatic nerve pain kicks in when i roll over. plus she moves so much while i'm sleeping it wakes me up sometimes. i just lay in bed and feel her squirm.

missing: nothing too bad this week. we leave for the beach on friday though, and the beach is such a great place to kick back with a drink, i'm sure i'll miss alcohol.

cravings/aversions: nothing really. here's the thing, other than alcohol, i didn't put myself on the "pregnancy diet". i eat soft cheeses, lunch meat, and medium rare steaks. mind you, i don't eat excessive amounts of them. maybe once a month do i indulge. but it works for me and there have been no problems or complications (knocks on wood). so really, i'm not craving a ham sandwich because i just had one on monday night. and i'm not missing much. except alcohol.

cries: mother's day fo sho. Jesse gave me a card and wrote the sweetest note inside and i just cried and cried.

Jesse is: really feeling this pregnancy i think. the other night we were lying in bed and she was kicking me as usual and he was able to feel her really strongly. that sort of woke him up and he's been very considerate since. we have a couple long car rides coming up and he wants to make sure i'm super comfortable.

best moments: finding out the results of my glucose test were good! i don't have gestational diabetes and i get to enjoy all the foods i've been enjoying. and just feeling her so much more. plus being wished a happy mother's day was so surreal.

not so best moment: mm maybe just my back hurting from the bed. i have a pregnancy pillow but i'm having a hard time getting comfortable most nights.

looking forward to: getting down to the beach. not looking forward to the car ride, but just being there will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment