Wednesday, March 2, 2016

17 Weeks

how far along: 17 weeks, 3 days

size of the baby: a pomegranate. which seems pretty big to me!

baby is: wriggling away! I went in for a doctor's appointment and she could barely get the heartbeat because it was moving so much.

movement: apparently a lot, but none that I can feel.

gender: we officially have our appointment for our anatomy scan! 3/23 at about 1:30pm, I will know the sex of my soon to be little peanut!

total weight gain: 3 pounds. I feel like that's not so bad, right? I mean, I've been eating pretty normally, though I am drinking a glass of chocolate milk every day. I'm not eating out as much anymore either.

symptoms: slight heartburn, though not really. My stomach is looking a tad bigger and I really feel uncomfortable with buttoned jeans, so I'm currently wearing a belly band. Also my nipples. Whoa.

stretch marks: Thought I saw one on my ta-ta the other night and may have freaked a bit.

maternity clothes: The belly band and the maternity leggings are really it. They're both pretty comfortable, so I'm glad I broke them out. No maternity shirts though, just anything loose fitting works for me. I can't wait until the weather really warms up and I can wear cute t-shirts and dresses again.
  
sleep: Great, when I get enough. I can feel it so much more now when I haven't slept enough (think 7.5 hours as opposed to 9) and get a headache and exhausted by 5pm.

missing: Nothing! I'm feeling really good, I can eat mostly everything I want again, I miss warm weather but that isn't pregnancy related.

cravings/aversions: Still chocolate milk and steak and potatoes. It's also really weird, but I get these millisecond cravings for things I can't even name. It's like something will pop into my head I ate at one time in my life and I'll want it. But then it goes away and I don't know what it was. Very odd.

cries: Mm not so much this week.

Jesse is: gaining weight! I'm convinced the baby is a girl.

best moments: scheduling my anatomy scan so that I can finally have a deadline, and my beautiful precious handsome nephew being born on my birthday! He is so tiny and awesome.

not so best moment: having my non-existent belly rubbed by my mother-in-law who says "i'm really showing". Um no, that's basically fat that I'm too tired to suck in anymore.

looking forward to: 3/23!! Baby, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment