Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Chuggin' Along!


I sort of wish this was more descriptive, I may be looking into a new app. (from Ovia Pregnancy app)



how far along: 16 weeks, 3 days

size of the baby: a dill pickle, delicious!

baby is: 3.5 oz this week and can probably hear my voice when I speak!

movement: None :(, I keep waiting for it, trying to keep very still in bed, but still nothing. I have to keep reminding myself that it is early and I need to be patient.

gender: I could find out! I could pay a woman in our town to perform an ultrasound and know the gender. But Jesse wants to wait until I'm 20 weeks and our doctor will do it, so I'll wait.

total weight gain: Actually nothing according to my home scale. I go to the doctor tomorrow though so I may have gained a pound or two. We will see.

symptoms: headaches and heartburn. I take Tums for my heartburn, which usually happens after dinner. I drink as much water as I can, but going to the bathroom 8 times a day is getting annoying.

stretch marks: None that I can see, I don't look for them though. I am so into being pregnant and a mother, if I get a stretch mark, so be it.

maternity clothes: I still have my maternity leggings and I still love them. But the weather where I live is creeping back into springtime. I'm hoping it warms up soon and I can get away with dresses more often. I've also started using the hair tie trick with my jeans.
  
sleep: Still good. Nothing to complain about really. I use my pregnancy pillow and it's fine.

missing: Not much. Though I was thinking about my first sip of alcohol after I give birth and that sounded good, hah!

cravings/aversions: MM chocolate milk and potatoes. I have to have chocolate milk every day, I just crave it so hard. I had a Nestle's chocolate milk from the gas station yesterday and it tasted just like the 10th grade, it was awesome.

cries: Oh the cries, I tear up all the time. I was watching the Disney tribute and Kermit the frog was singing the rainbow connection and I just burst into tears. Jesse was so alarmed!

Jesse is: doing well. We are working on getting the house de-cluttered and he talked about clearing out the soon-to-be nursery, which is so awesome!

best moments: Hmmm, probably will be tomorrow. I have my 16 week appointment and I'm sure we'll get to listen to the heartbeat again which is going to be so nice on my birthday!

not so best moment: the headaches. I am so sensitive as it is, I'm even more so now with this pregnancy. And not showing. It's giving me anxiety. I know I'm getting bigger, because I can feel my body rejecting my tight jeans, but I'm nowhere near showing like a pregnant woman.

looking forward to: My appointment tomorrow. I want to hear the heartbeat and schedule our 20 week ultrasound, I'll really have something to look forward to then!

No comments:

Post a Comment