Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekends

This weekend was a busy one.  Don't they all feel that way?

Friday night I got home from work and was STARVING. So we had hot dogs on the grill and steamed broccoli.  And it was perfect. Sometimes the easiest dinners are the best. It also continues the Frankfurter Friday tradition that my sister-in-law came up with.  I ended up going to bed around 10pm because I was just ding dang exhausted.

Saturday we woke up bright and early to a rainy, cloudy, cold day. Alright, it was 68 degrees, but it was also the first day of summer so I expected a little bit more out of this Maryland weather. On my way to work on Friday I saw a sign for a vintage barn sale.  I immediately looked it up and was very excited about all of the adorable furniture and knick knacks.  I convinced my husband to go with me and we were there for almost 2 hours just looking at everything.  There was A TON of stuff. I probably could have spent all day there.

We purchased a multitude of items, but the one I was most excited about was this:



I have it hanging above my stove in my kitchen and for $14, I'd say it was a darn good purchase.

We also got new (old) end tables for our living room.  I've decided the colors are dark blue, dark grey, and orange.  Very comfortable, yet chic in my opinion. 

We purchased a gorgeous antique cabinet for our upstairs hallway to store towels, linens, and candles.  It has glass doors on top, drawers in the middle, and an enclosed space on the bottom.  I love it and all of the details.

We also purchased two rocking chairs for my nieces, they are 4 and 2.  Their mother, my other sister-in-law, mentioned something about getting rocking chairs for her girls and I found two great ones.  And for under $50 for both, I'd say it was a success.



On Saturday night and Sunday we spent time with family and friends, hung out with some kittens, and got to bed very late. 

Loved my weekend, but it was a tad exhausting.  I feel as if I need 3 days. Or maybe I should just do less?  Not sure. Need to find more of a balance between relaxing and doing.

Also need to exercise more.  But that is a WHOLE other beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment