Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Mother

Last night Jesse had to work the late shift (14 hours) so I ate half of a pizza and went over to my mother's house.  Her next door neighbor recently got two kittens and I was dying to see them!  My kittens aren't really kittens anymore, they are a year old, so I was surprised to see two tiny fur balls rolling around and think, "geez, mine were like that only a year ago!"



Afterwards my mom and I hung signs up around her neighborhood because our cat is missing. We think she ran out on Sunday night when everyone was over for Father's Day.  She is 15 and isn't an outdoor cat so we aren't sure what she was thinking.  We miss her!

We drove around in my car and hung up the signs, then parked in her driveway and talked.  She knows what Jesse and I are going through, TTC-wise.  She and my father went through the same thing, but for 5 years! (I definitely don't think I can wait 5 years).  It is so nice to have someone to talk to who knows EXACTLY what I am going through.  She usually says everything I am thinking but am too ashamed to say.

My mom and I are basically the same person.  We have the same body shape, most of the same personality traits and characteristics and laugh at the same things.  She is the one person I tell everything to and she is super supportive.  I'm always thinking about what my mother would say whenever I get into a sticky situation. And she's usually right. Dang mothers!

But seriously, I can only hope to be like her when I become a mother. And I wish everyone had a mother like her!

No comments:

Post a Comment