Monday, November 14, 2016

What's Going On

It's been a minute since I've updated and I feel now is the time to document the little things happening in my life.


She loves to stare at us while we smile and talk


Nina is doing well! She's still small, but I believe she will just be a small baby. She is in size 0-3 and 3 months and wears size 1 diapers. She's at home with my mom and Jesse during the week and with me on the weekends. My mom is loving it of course, she adores her. Nina had a couple good days with Jesse so now he thinks he has it down pat. HA! Wait until she fusses all day and won't sleep more than 30 minutes. Just kidding - she is a sweet baby, some days are just harder than others. 



Such a sweet happy baby!

She sleeps during the night! She usually goes a 6-7 hour stretch and then wakes to nurse. I'm with her for 30-45 minutes and then she will go back down for 3-4 hours. Some nights she sleeps 9 hours straight. But those are few and far between. No matter, she is a good sleeper so I won't complain. 

She loves to bring her feet up and kick at the toys hanging

I'm so excited for all the new things she does. She grabs for toys and has noticed her feet and hands. She loves bath time (but HATES to get out) and to read books with us. She is a morning girl and loves to lay in bed with me and Jesse and just hang.

MY LIFE.

I don't write in her baby book. I know, I'm a horrible mother. I keep meaning to and then I find something else to do with my very limited free time. I am going to start tonight. I don't want to forget all the tiny things about her that make her so sweet and happy.

I have been back at work for 1 week now and I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving when I can have a 4 day weekend. I enjoy working, and I really enjoy my free time at work, when I can be by myself and find my groove. I do miss her though and love the updates and pictures.

I am still figuring out the balance between work/mom life/wife life. Some days are harder than others and some days I'm just too tired to do it all. 

I have definitely gained weight. Even though I'm nursing (which is awesome), I eat poorly. Think 25 frosted animal cookies at a time. I'm sorry but they are delicious. My pre-pregnancy jeans fit, but are tight. I think after the holidays I want to eat healthy and exercise. Try to get down even below my pre-pregnancy weight. 

Jesse might be going on a 9 week training starting in January. I am sad and scared. He will miss so much of Nina's life. And I'll be a single mother for a while and that will be hard. I really really really don't want him to go. But I know it will further his career and is inevitable at this point. Ugh.

Other than that, life is good. We are figuring this little girl out and I feel pretty in tune with her needs. She gets cuter and cuter every day I swear. She has become so vocal and we "talk" with each other, she loves to play and she is very interactive and smiles all the time. She is the love of our life!
My beautiful happy bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment