Saturday, November 5, 2016

Maternity Leave

I go back to work on Monday. That sucks. I so enjoyed my maternity leave. I loved waking up with my baby and tending to her. Everything was hard, don't get me wrong. But a good hard. Because Nina will smile at me and I remember that I get to be her Mama and she loves me. Which is the greatest feeling in the whole world.

But I have to go back and that's OK. I'll enjoy working again and handling problems and talking to adults. I'll enjoy my drives to work and the time alone (you get NO alone time as a mom unless she is sleeping and then honestly I'm doing stuff around the house.)

I thought I was going to accomplish so much on maternity leave. Clean and organize the house, watch a lot of movies, go places and visit people. Honestly? I didn't do any of that. I managed to take care of Nina, cook dinner on occasion, and walk the dog. But that's ok. I realize I have the rest of my life to clean the house, watch the movies and visit people. But I won't have these last three months of her life ever again. I can't believe she is 3 months old and yet I feel like she has been in our lives forever.

Point is - I love her, I'll miss her smiling face, and I can't wait until 5pm Monday already.



No comments:

Post a Comment