Wednesday, April 20, 2016

24 Weeks or 6 months

how far along: 24 Weeks, 3 Days (I've read that the "6 month" is between 22-26 weeks, but 24 weeks does equal 6 months so I feel comfortable saying I am 6 months pregnant now)

size of the baby: a cantaloupe, or eggplant. She is definitely getting big, kicking me at the top of my stomach now. I think she's probably close to 2 pounds.

baby is: growing some hair! my heartburn and reflux has been killer this week.

movement: oh yes. the other day she kicked me so I poked her back, so she kicked me back. I just sat there for 10 minutes poking her and feeling her.

gender: she's my little girl! every time I go into Target, they have the cutest little clothes, I always snatch up a new onesie.

total weight gain: I'm going to say 10 pounds. I haven't been to the doctor in 2 weeks, and at that time I was 8 pounds over my pre pregnancy weight. I probably lost 4-5 pounds during my first trimester. So really I've gained almost 15!

symptoms: just the reflux really. i'm still sort of dealing with a minor yeast infection, but I tried a clove of garlic last night and I'm hoping that knocked it out.

stretch marks: nope. I'm using the belly butter and just waiting to grow more!

maternity clothes: oh you guys. if anyone tells you not to buy maternity clothes, they're downright WRONG.
  
sleep: it's been off and on good. some nights I wake up feeling very rested, lately I haven't though. the weather has been warm here, but I refuse to turn the air conditioning on in April. so we either sweat it our or freeze with the windows open at night.

missing: honestly? a drink. the weather has been so absolutely beautiful and all the delicious summer foods are going back. i want a glass of cold white wine, a sour margarita, or some fizzy sangria.

cravings/aversions: breakfast foods. waffles and pancakes and sausages and bacon oh my.

cries: mmm not so much. Jesse and I got into a fight the other day and that made me really upset.

Jesse is: loving my belly. he keeps commenting on how big it's getting and kisses it at night. it's so sweet.

best moments: feeling good in my skin. i love looking pregnant and feeling her so much. and honestly we're getting close. only 16 more weeks until i am full term.

not so best moment: fighting with Jesse. he has been stressed about money lately (we bought a new car) and i know he just really wants to provide for her. it's frustrating because he works all the time, but good because his paychecks are bigger. double edged sword.

looking forward to: the beach! we decided to take a short vacation to his dad's beach house in the outer banks in May. then we are heading out to Cleveland at the end of May to see a ball game and hang out with my family. then June is my baby shower, throw in a couple of weddings, and my due date in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment