Thursday, January 28, 2016

It's Been a Minute

I wrote this post a long time ago but never posted, but now that I'm past the scary part, I'll post!


Months, really. Since I've posted, that is.

I've been busy!

Since we last spoke:

Jesse and I got a dog! Her name is Lucy and we got her from a local rescue. She is wonderful and sweet and perfectly dogalicious. She loves to chase squirrels, bark at other doggies until she makes freinds with them, chase my baby Franklin around, and lay in the sun. Play with her toys, eat bones, and get pet. Basically all the things a dog should do.


We talked about getting a dog for a VERY long time. I emailed about Lucy on a Tuesday and she was ours by Friday! It was definitely an adjustment. I get up a half an hour earlier now to take her for a walk before work, but I think she has adjusted quite nicely and we are really loving on her.

Her passed out after the dog park one night

My sweet baby
I got my real estate license! Yes, I am now licensed as a real estate salesperson in the state of Maryland. Basically, I did it for work, and I'm not exactly active, in that I don't take people out to look at houses and earn commissions. But I'm happy it's done and over with, and that I can take this wherever I go. Which hopefully means I could be taking people to look at houses and earning commissions (and all the other difficult things that come between those two things) someday!


Third, but definitely not least.
GUYS.
GUYSSSSSSSS.

I'm pregnant.

5 and a half weeks today. Which is early, I'm aware. But I took a test on Monday and it was my first ever positive pregnancy test in 2.5 years. I've taken so many tests, been disappointed so many times. This test was like God smiling at me and saying, I knew it would happen, it just took time.

Jesse and I sat together and cried for 10 minutes. Then I got up, got ready for work, took another one and it was positive too!

Then I took one when I got home and it was positive. Then I took one yesterday and it was positive. I'm addicted to seeing the word "Pregnant" on a test.

I was in shock

I also got a blood test done. Positive. And strongly so, my level was 6,681.

Above all things, I am thankful. I pray to God every morning to thank him and every evening to thank him. Thank you for this blessing. Thank you for another day with this blessing. This child growing inside me. This child who is now the size of a little peppercorn, but will one day be a full grown child, a baby I can hold and cuddle and love so much. I can't wait.

We told Jesse's brother and sister-in-law (the pregnant one). They are the only people that know for now and will be the only people for at least a couple more weeks. I have an ultrasound at 7 weeks (because I am paranoid and cannot bear the thought of waiting until 8 weeks to see if there is a baby in my uterus). After that, if all goes well which I pray it does, we will tell my parents. I CANNOT wait to see the look on my mother's face when I tell her about her first grandchild.

So that's about it for now. I'm praying this magical baby sticks and that we have a beautiful baby in 8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment