Monday, March 30, 2015

This Is Hard. (That's what she said!)

This is hard. Difficult, I mean. I eat so much sugar a day, it's ridiculous. My goal is to stay under 50 grams of sugar per day, and by the end of breakfast, I've usually blown 35 of those grams.

Do people not drink juice? Usually if I can manage to eat breakfast at home before work, I can dilute my juice with water so I'm getting 1/4 of the actual sugar. I can eat eggs with some cheese for a really satisfying first meal. However, if, like this morning, I'm running 20 minutes later. I'm grabbing a juice box, a fruit bar, and running out the door. And WHOMP! there goes 23 grams of sugar. In that teeny tiny breakfast!

Then, I drink a cup of coffee.  I put no sugar in it. Except for the two tablespoons of creamer.  Now hear me out. I love coffee.  I love sugary, creamy coffee.  Not black coffee, yuck.  I've cut out the actual sugar but kept the sugary cream liquid. I'm trying to drink it with milk, but I literally have 3 creamers sitting in my refrigerator I need to use up before I can cut out this 12 grams of sugar from my breakfast. 

I need help.  What on earth do people eat/drink for breakfast that does not include sugar?

Second, my lunch. I eat yogurt.  Greek yogurt! But sweetened, fruity yogurt nonetheless and unfortunately, it means more sugar.

Finally, we come to dinner. Usually, unless there is a little sugar in the vegetables or sweet potatoes, I don't have any sugar at dinner. All protein and fiber. Which is great! Except usually after dinner I'm craving a little sweetness, but I have absolutely ZERO grams of sugar left for the day. At this point, I'm in the negatives.  So I drink a ton of water and go to bed at 9pm.  

How am I supposed to spread out my sugar grams throughout the day? I want to enjoy maybe even a handful of berries for a sweet pick up after dinner. But I can't! I'm all out of grams! Help!



...mmm grams. Grahams. Graham crackers. Graham crackers dipped in Nutella. mmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment