Thursday, October 2, 2014

About Time

Yesterday was the IUI procedure.  I was pretty nervous leading up to it, I could barely concentrate at work.

I left my office at 12:32, arrived at the office at 12:47, laid down on the table at 1:02 and the procedure was over at 1:03.  I felt basically nothing, no pain, which was really nice.  They had me lay down on the table for an additional 5 minutes just to make sure nothing leaked out.

I probably could have gone back to work, but I went home and laid in bed for the next 4 hours! Not my finest hour, but I can't resist a good relaxing session, and I wanted to make sure I was calm and relaxed for a possible conception!

Jesse is so faithful, he is sure it's going to work.  I want it to work so badly, but I also don't want to get my hopes up, so I'm basically just going to stay positive and faithful and most of all CALM.  I'm not going to freak out with the two week wait.  I'm going to wait until the 11th to officially test because that is the projected day of the start of my next cycle.

In the meantime, we watched a movie last night called "About Time".  It's a romantic comedy (but not like you think) starring Rachel McAdams and another British man I don't know.  

Every time I had seen it at RedBox, I thought, ugh, this is probably a crappy Nicholas Sparks movie, I don't even want to try it. But we caught it on HBO and I'm glad we did.  The message of the movie, the acting, the dialogue, was all very good.  Afterwards I cried.  For nothing in particular really, just that the message was that good and it is something that sort of took Jesse and I back and made us see the perspective of our lives.  

So 8.5/10 in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment