Thursday, July 14, 2016

Waddling Along with Good News

how far along: 36 Weeks, 4 Days (9 MONTHS OFFICIALLYYYYY!!!)

due date: August 7th. Only 24 days until my due date. It seems like much shorter and yet much longer. I can't explain it. I look at the weeks on my work calendar and think, it will be here before I know it and can I really get everything done? Then I think, 24 days is such a long time!
Courtesy of The Bump app

size of the baby: the size of a papaya, or 18.7 inches/5.73 pounds. Some apps say she is longer, some say she is heavier. we won't know for a couple of weeks her exact weight of course, but I think she will be in the high 7's or even over 8 pounds!

baby is: finalizing her growing. her digestive system will continue to perfect itself while she is outside the womb and eating breast milk.

movement: yes and it has gotten painful. i believe the pelvic pain she is causing is because she is moving further down. which is a good thing!

gender: girl! I was showing my mom the 90% completed nursery last night and I didn't realize how much pink stuff we have.

total weight gain: still hovering around the 173. i didn't gain any weight from last week to this week. though i have been eating ice cream daily and really feel like i look big.

stretch marks: i'm getting concerned about what's happening under my belly where i can't see...

symptoms: omgosh i am hot. sooo hot. it's easily 100 degrees here with the humidity every single day. i am unbearably hot almost every night so i sleep with no covers.

wedding rings on or off: still off. i wear my wedding band on my necklace, but no rings will grace these fingers for weeks to come.

belly button in or out: still flush with the rest of my stomach. i don't expect it to pop.

maternity clothes: obvi. sometimes if i'm just around the house i wear cropped yoga pants and an old t-shirt, but they no longer cover my belly.
  
sleep: still not good. i can't wait to sleep on my stomach again!

missing: all the regular things. feeling comfortable. being able to get off the couch easily. rolling over in bed easily.

cravings/aversions: still chocolate milk and ice cream. cookie dough specifically.

cries: on sunday jesse and i were lying in bed and he was saying how he missed going to the beach as a kid and i reminded him that we will have her to take to the beach now and won't that be so much fun. and it made me tear up thinking about her in a cute little bathing suit and hat and playing in the sand.

nursery: like i said, about 90% completed. i've sort of given up on my canvas experiment. i am NOT creative or artistic. but the other things in her nursery are completed and can be hung.

Jesse is: into buying things. he wants to buy a mamaroo, which if you aren't familiar, is basically a $300 swing. i was totally against it at first but he was like what if she loves it. he wants to buy her a new high chair, anything she needs, he wants to buy her.

best moments: my daily bowl of ice cream hah.

not so best moments: just the physical pain this last month has brought. sciatic nerve pain, tailbone pain, just moving around doesn't feel good. plus the pelvic pain of her descending.

looking forward to: getting Lucy groomed this weekend! she is going to get the full spa treatment and our house won't be so covered in dog hair 24/7.

next appointment: we scheduled all my appointments up until my due date! all Tuesdays. so next is 7/19. My last appointment went really well, hence the blog title good news. My blood pressure looks good, her heartbeat is good, i'm measuring right on track, PLUS i didn't test positive for the Group B Strep. Which means no antibiotics while I give birth! Even though it hasn't been the easiest pregnancy for me, it has been for our baby girl and that's what matters in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment